Thread: Daily News
View Single Post
Old 03-05-24, 01:30 PM   #238
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Grandmother left dangling 7ft upside down after getting stuck in shop's shutters

Quote:
A grandmother was left dangling upside down after her coat got caught in a shop's security shutters.

Anne Hughes, 71, was seen on CCTV being lifted 7ft into the air outside a convenience store in Rhondda Cynon Taf.

She has been dubbed "SuperAnne" in her home village in Wales and said the incident "could only happen to me".

Speaking at her home near the Best One shop in Tonteg, near Pontypridd, Ms Hughes said her thought at the time was "flipping heck".

"It's just lucky I've got a good sense of humour," she said.

Ms Hughes was standing outside the store, where she works as a cleaner, waiting for it to open when the electric shutters were raised and her coat got stuck.

Footage showed her dangling upside down before a shopkeeper rescued her by holding her in his arms as the shutter was slowly lowered.

She said: "I've been suffering falls for the past six months or so and the doctors up the hospital think it's from low blood pressure - it was going up then."

The store shared the clip on its social media and it has been watched nearly two million times.
https://news.sky.com/story/grandmoth...tters-13087882

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote