View Single Post
Old 03-04-24, 05:25 PM   #307
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I always thought that my driving distance were a bit on the low side of things. But I did some reading, watched two videos on age and handicap affecting driving distance, and found that I quite well fit into the general scheme they describe, with dropping handicap increaisng distance, it and age decreasing it. My age is what it is, but my handcap I improved quite dramatically while playing repeatedly on a dozen different courses, and when I am through with them all I start again with all of them, so I use each of them frequently, except maybe Pinehurst No.2, which I just do not like as a place.

This is one chart that generally describes typical representative ranges in yards (meters into yards: add 10%) for three handicap levels and various ages. I am age 57 and usually do not exceed around 220m, with my carries (drive in air, without rolling on the ground). In yards that would be around 240, so actually where I thought I did inferior with my drives, actually I do pretty well. Well, not the aiming...

Anyway, I switched from Amateur level to Pro level, the highest of three skill levels in the game. actually its just about switching off aids and aiming lines, which I did all not use anyway and already had switched off individually in the options, so de facto its no change at all for me - just that statistics get restarted from scratch, being maintained separately in both skill levels. Just me and the club and the ball and the green - thats how I like it.

Last handicap on amateur level +13.4. I will need time to build the stock for the new on pro. 20 completed rounds minimum.