View Single Post
Old 02-03-24, 12:24 PM   #257
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

And again my Mum (75) surprises me - the past two hours we played Cybrix both in coop and against each other. She loves it! And she drove her fangs deep into it.

Its a mix if Breakout and futuristic squash in a TRON world. The biog pro is that this game is very immune against causing nausea since you usually do not jump, walk or run, but stand still while doing a lot of Tai-Chi and Racket-style movements with both hjands/arms, two rackets held in both hands.

I had this from early time with the Quest 3 on and then forgot about it. She then surprised me with having found out about it herself and asking me whether this would be something for her. - It surely is: we played 2 hours in a row - then my father got a bit angry.

2 SP modes, 4 MP modes, in some modes MR is available. Is often quoted to not cause motion sickness. Like Racket Club VR, this game scores big time with clearly defined limited playing space needs, cooperating with the limited space you usually have in a living room. 1.5x1.5m to 1.5-2.0m or so is enough.

Edit. We get these long battery duration times because we use external 25000 mAh-powerbanks and fast USB cables (must be fast cables, else the battery in the quest drains nevertheless, just slower) to link them to the Quest. In fact, both of us have 2 external such batteries.

Sports games work very well in VR, but especially racket&ball games as a general genre work exceptionally well. A primary use for VR headsets.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-03-24 at 12:36 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote