View Single Post
Old 01-26-24, 10:35 AM   #5806
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDinosuar01 View Post
i boot the game and it almost finishes loading and gives me a couple error codes, data/menu/gui/tdc/tdc_metric.tga, data/menu/skins/american/gui/layout/navigationtools.tga, data/menu/data/black80.tga, data/menu/data/awardsitems_4.dds then with a 3, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careertransfer/transferboard.dds, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careerstart/order.dds, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careerstart/objectives.dds, there is a new (not implemented) page <Page PlayerRank> ! , data/menu/skins/american/gui/player rank/left papers.dds. it keeps going for a while and im playing on steam with uboat installed and when i check the integrity of the files i am missing some files and it takes the mod off when i install them back and gives me the vanilla game. any help would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
First of all, download the mod again. Your installation lacks files...

Do not install your Steam games in C:/program files or C:/program files (x86)...Install the Steam app in C:/....or another unit if you have one.

Delete all the files of your previous installation, including those in .../my documents/SH4.

And try...Tell us if this works. You need to install de mod using JSGME.

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo
TheDinosuar01 - In addition to what fitzcarraldo said, you also have to have the correct version of SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, which would be v1.5 aka: Gold Edition. The "data/menu/data/black80.tga" error is common to having the wrong version. If you purchased your game from Steam, they have two, count 'em TWO versions of the game, and it almost sounds like you are starting the "v1.3" of the game Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific. You need to use their U-Boat Missions Add-On to have the full version of the game. If you already have that, then you have to mod and start that version, which makes their regular "Wolves of the Pacific" version into the "Gold Edition", or v1.5. Confusing? Yes... but it is either that, or use the Ubisoft UConnect version Silent Hunter 4: Gold Edition (US Store link). Steam is still milking the franchise for all it's worth...

In line with what fitzcarraldo said about your Steam install, refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote