View Single Post
Old 01-16-24, 03:30 PM   #5788
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
Как говориться: у каждого художника свои фломастеры!
--------------------------------------------------------
How to say: each artist has his own colors!
Yes! That is another way to say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
{video}

Может кто нибудь мне помочь? Я делаю карту с сеткой квадратов, но не могу понять некоторые надписи, и разобраться с датами нарезки квадратов. То что именовалось под цифровыми значениями, я понимаю появилось с начала войны, а то что имело названия словами, уже в процессе войны. Хотелось бы узнать с какой даты. И есть ли у кого точная сетка квадратов с четкими надписями?
------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone help me? I make a map with a grid of squares, but I can't understand some of the inscriptions, and deal with the dates of cutting squares. What was called by digital meanings, I understand appeared from the beginning of the war, and what had names in words, already in the process of war. I would like to know from what date. And does anyone have an accurate grid of squares with clear inscriptions?
If you are referring to the "Corridor" and "Corridor II", etcetera, those refer to name that the US submariners at Pearl Harbor referred to certain areas as a "code name" for a given area. I do not have any documentation, but most of what I have read on the subject possibly refers to an early 1943 time period for those. There is a way to "date" their appearances if using a MapLocation:

That's the "Vestibule", and its MapLocation dialog (menu "Tools", "MapLocation edit mode"). The larger names for islands and seas are done the same way, with image files from the "...\Data \Terrain \LocationMaps" folder.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote