View Single Post
Old 01-14-24, 09:10 PM   #5785
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
I didn't understand a thing. Obviously, my translator is completely bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ничего не понял. Очевидно переводчик мой совсем плохой.
I tried to minimize my use of "Americanisms" in my word choices, but apparently failed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
Why follow the lead of a player's wishes? It seems to me that the task of your moderators, of a very high level, is to make the game as historically reliable as possible!
---------------------
Зачем идти на поводу у желаний игрока? Мне кажется задача модеров вашего, очень высокого уровня, сделать игру максимально исторически достоверной!
Some players complained, but that is not what determines what the team puts into the mod. Every thing we put in the mod is our choice. We take all user comments under advisement, but make changes based upon what we want. "Historically reliable" is not possible in the game. It is not a true simulator, and not capable. You can get close, but compromises must be made to maintain playability, with as much allowance for realism as we can manage. There are several aspects of SH3, 4 and 5 that are accepted as "realistic", but the equipment and/or technique were never used in the real war. But folks do expect to encounter these fallacies as a matter of course. "To each his own", is a saying here. We put out a modification for the game on a voluntary basis. Anyone can freely use it. There are also small mods included as part of the package that can be added to the modded game, but are not required. If there is an aspect a given player does not like, they are free to modify what was already modified by us, and make it suit their desires. We're going to keep the Mark 18 torpedoes at 33 knots, since they track better at that speed. There are dud torpedo mods included that can alter their reliability. Plus, the sim file is easy enough to edit with Silent3Ditor, to further alter the speed, if desired...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote