View Single Post
Old 01-14-24, 09:10 AM   #5780
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
Tell me, I have a question. Why did you make the speed of the Mk-18 torpedo 33 knots in fashion? Why put paired 40 mm Bofors: they significantly affected the stability of the boat, especially when diving/surfacing, and how correctly do I know they were not put?

================================================

Подскажите, у меня вопрос. Почему в моде вы сделали скорость торпеды Мк-18 - 33 уз? Зачем ставите спаренные 40 мм Бофорс: они значительно влияли на остойчивость лодки, особенно при погружении/всплытии, и насколько верно я знаю их не ставили?
I do not recall the reasoning of using 33knots as opposed to using the 29knot figure... It might have been for better targeting, but I cannot remember. It seems to me though, that there was a problem with the game properly allowing for the sub-30knot torpedo speed and players missing quite often, which would have been similar to what the actual WW2 skippers encountered... They had to do extra math since the TDC initially did not properly track targets using the 29knot speed of the Mark 18... ??

As for the twin barrel 40mm, many players complained several years back about not getting the guns, even though they were in the game's files, so they were added to come in automatically, and the same with the twin barrel 20mm. However, neither gun works correctly in SH4 anyway, and most boats did not bother with the twin 20mm, and I have not seen any pictures of the 40mm twin being used on any boats, so the next version does not automatically give the player those guns, but will offer them as an expensive "upgrade". Some of the boats will not have a 40mm available for the front platform, since some of those platforms on the earlier boats could not support the weight.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote