Thread: Daily News
View Single Post
Old 01-09-24, 01:57 PM   #166
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Girl, 10, wins year's supply of crisps after campaigning to get Haggis flavour back on shelves

Quote:
A 10-year-old girl has been given a year's supply of her favourite crisps after she campaigned to get the niche flavour back on store shelves.

Grace, from Edinburgh, decided to take matters into her own hands when she was unable to find her favourite haggis crisps in the shops.

The haggis and black pepper flavoured snack made by Taylors Snacks, formerly Mackie's Crisps, was pulled from shelves last year after the company decided to only make the crisps available during winter months.

Grace, feeling the absence of her favourite flavour, took matters into her own hands by writing a letter to the managing director of Taylors Snacks.

In her letter, Grace expressed not only her love for the crisps, but also her family's, and added: "I really hope it could become all year round."

"If you can thanks," she wrote, before warning crisps boss James Taylor: "If not I will be sad."

Her endearing words, along with a sad face to sign off, were enough to convince Mr Taylor to put the crisps back on sale for good.

Grace was also rewarded with a taxi full of haggis and black pepper crisps, and a ticket for a tour around the Taylors factory.

Grace's mother, Becky, said: "It's fantastic that the team at Taylors took the time and effort to respond and it really made all of our days.

Advertisement
"It also helps Grace see the power of communicating with creativity and care.

"Grace was the one who had the idea to write to James and to get such a wonderful response really validates and empowers her.

"These small things really can make a huge impact on a young child's life.

"We look forward to visiting the factory soon and learning how our favourite snacks are made."
https://news.sky.com/story/girl-10-w...elves-13041322

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote