Old 01-06-24, 07:37 AM   #2077
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

On overconfidence.

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
Another victim of overconfidence is our Federal Chancellor. Olaf Scholz has been governing the country for two years now. The ship is rocking mightily, crisis after crisis, nothing wants to succeed. But every time the chancellor steps in front of a microphone, you hear him say that people don't need to worry because he is now in the chancellery
Quote:
The reports in the newspapers? The scowls of notorious badmouthers. The devastating poll results? Pollster mumbo-jumbo that does not reflect the true mood in the country. The depressing economic data? Snapshots that will be outdated tomorrow.

The strange calm is not faked, Scholz really thinks this way. This also applies to his entourage. I met his head of the chancellery Wolfgang Schmidt in the summer. I have rarely seen a more relaxed head of the chancellery. Even in the summer, the situation was not good. At the end of the evening, I wondered what happy pills they were popping in the Chancellery. No matter what was thrown at him, Schmidt responded with the patient forbearance of someone who knows he is in possession of a truth that is unfortunately still closed to those around him.