View Single Post
Old 12-28-23, 05:40 PM   #95
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

3 May 1942

SOPAC
Hiei and Kirishima had a successfull bombardment of Nadi, the last before we pull out. I accidentlly left them on 'remain on station' so they actually stayed there instead of making it a third of the way back to Noumea. Looks like we destroyed 5 fighters on the ground.

The enemy took advantage of my error, attacking the battleship task force with dive bombers, and the troops ashore with heavy bombers. But the KB got the job done. The enemy lost 3 P-40s, 4 P-39s, 10 SBDs, and 1 LB-30 Liberator. The bombers didn't get anything done. I got 5 new aces thanks to this little turkey shoot.

I timed a deliberate attack to coincide with this bombardment--it was good enough to reduce the forts to Level 2 but not take the base. Casualties slightly favoring us. Again, we need the other division here too.

Western Australian Coast
I-32 torpedoed and sank a tanker near Perth.

Ceylon
I've caught up with a remnant of the Colombo base force that's been working its way to Trincomalee, trying to find a weak flank. They found an overwhelming force instead. The enemy is mostly tanks, though, and our AT armament is limited. Casualties even this turn.

Burma
My invasion of Burma is about to begin. I have a 4-division main force about to rendevous with another division in Moulmein. Another 2 regiments set to capture Pegu--they departed Port Blair today. Plus about another 2 divisions or so to land at Pegu once it's taken. Overall, Rangoon should be completely overwhelmed, and quickly.