View Single Post
Old 12-28-23, 05:18 PM   #94
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

2 May 1942
Roll the dice enough times, and you eventually get a bad result...

Arabian Sea
The I-28 sank an enemy AKL off the coast of Mangalore, India in a night surface gun&torpedo attack.

SOPAC
The Allied submarine infestation finally got a tally, with USS Silversides putting a single torpedo into the Mutsu between Fiji and Noumea. Damage is moderate. She'll retreat to Noumea for now, but actual repairs will probably be done in Japan.

The single division landed in Nadi will not be enough to take it. I was always going to need the second division to get Suva, I just thought I'd have captured a close airbase by now... In any case, I'm pulling the KB and the battleships back for now. We'll be back after I replenish the KB's aircraft. The division may need to hold out against heavy bombers and even an armored rush for a few days.

China
Raids on Sian destroyed a Buffalo on the ground, in addition to the regular-ish base damage and casualties our daily raids are causing.

I've become discouraged at the lack of progress at Sian and to try to shake things up, I've ordered an end-around movement to cut off the road supplying Sian from the west. It's going to be a slow move though.