Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Yes it's a Multi M but not Omega in it.

+B-Vitamin in a separate cap
+Magnesium 3×800
+D-Vitamin 5K
It's a start.
And not a bad one!

You take a solid dose of vit D together with a very solid dose of Magnesium, which is needed to activate vit D. Consider to double the vit D dose over the winter months. I would recommend to you to also take vit K2-MK7 (all trans), these three are a trio that belong together, K2 collects calcium in the blood that vit D helps to assimilate in higher ammounts from your food, but calcium should not stay in the blood. K2 activates osteocalcine and GLA proteine that bring calcium from the blood (and from plaques) into the bones and teeth (vit D does NOT do that). D-K2-Mg are three musketeers that should not be separated!

Check your vit D pills, there is a good chance that they already have included K2 in it, many preparations add K2 to their D3 formula. If not, buy some, its cheap. 360 caps á 200mcgr for 12-15 coins. 200mcgr K2 per 5000 IE vit D, that is my rule of thumb. K2's toxicity treshhold is very high, they searched for it and didnt find any, that high it is. Its a good help to prevent osteoporosis.

Linus Pauling is fully rehabilitated by now. Beside vit D, vit C is another "wonder pill" that they try to defame at all cost - because they know it is so effective that it could become a threat to profit interests. It does not hold out for long in the blood stream, so must either be taken in small doses over the whole day, which complicates life sinc eit also affects your guts, or it is taken as liposomale vitamin C, which bypasses all troubles in the gut, and keeps it in the blood for many hours longer. The case for liposomale forms of vit C is a very strong one, I absolutely recommend it over normal ascorbin acid things. It costs more, but is FAR more effective and aovid guts troubles, and stays longer in the blood, for hours and hours. 1gr of liposomale vit-C compares to the efficiency of 2-3 gr of normal vit C, 2 gr of liposomale vit C compares to 4-6 gr of vitamine C, and 3 gr of liposomale compares to 8-12 gr of normal vit-C, so the relation is not linear, but exponential. Plus not guts troubles. Plus longer station time in the blood.

Taking Omega 3 also means: avoid Omega 6. We nevertheless take in a good dose of 6 anyway, we almost cannot avoid it and we even need some, just not at the suicidal ratios to Omega 3 as is common in the Western food regimen: 10:1 to up to 35:1, in some smaller regions and populations even exceeding 50:1. It should be around 1:1 to 2:1. Doses of EPA and DHA reaching 3 gr per day is a very solid mark, a bit more might even be better. Do not take capsules with fish oil, buy bottled fish oil (krill oil is even more expensive). Good fish oil products are expensive. The by far best I found, is a German product, name is Omega 3 Zone. 15ml daily intake provides over 5 gr of EPA, DHA and some DPA. The bottle lasts for 33 days this way, but costs 50 coins, 45 in abonement. I prefer the Ginger-Lemon taste, the others are not bad either. DO NOT HEAT, that goes without saying.

Zinc you also should add. Its cheap. It accumulates, means if you take too much too long, it becomes toxic. The effects are reversible, but take some weeks to up to some months to fully disappear again. 25 or 50 mg should be safe, in case of an infection even 75 to 100mg - but not for longer than 10-14 days!

Its difficult, like with all these pills and capsules, to provide a dose that works according to "one size fits all". People and their metabolisms are different. The one maybe needs not more than 25mg Zinc, the other is such that he needs to triple that dose to have the same benefit as the first one. Without precise blood work one cannot know, and even blood work is no silver bullet, has limitations that the doctor usually does not tell you, its just a snapshot of that one moment, on that one morning, in that one metabolic status you were in: and this status can be very different on two mornings without brealfast and point 7 a.m. Next morning your body may be set up quite differently. In case of Omega 3, the range of needed doses by different people can vary by factors in the range of low and medium hundreds! My reference is the research done by Prof. von Schacky, a German cardiologist. His lab is one of the leading in the world for Omega 3 research and index marking. If one uses fish oil, one really should do an Omega 3 index after 6 months plus a fatty acid analysis, its the only way to really know whether one does it right with Omega 3 intak eor maybe already has started to waste money - as I said, good fish oil is expensive. Investing into an Omega 3 index therefore pays off. After 6 months, and then again after 6 months. Omega 3 levels in the metabolic system change slowly.

Most doctors will not tell you about all this, thats the big desaster here, and will even warn you of it, trying to brign you into compoliance with the official diet advices. Which surely make people ill.

Magnesium you already have, and a good dose. Mg deficiency is widespread, 40-60% of Westenr populations are affected, bioavailability of preparations is ranging from one quarter to one third of the taken Mg volume. Problem is, like with vitamin C, that the intake cannot be just pushed upwards, sooner or later the guts revolt. Alternative is using magnesium oil, which in fact is no oil but Magnesium salt in water, it gets applicated on the skin and bypasses the guts. Good against leg cramps, since it can get applicated close to the "action centre". Skin feels like covered with dry sweat, after 15-20 minutes you want to wash it off.

If vit-D doses get raised, Mg should be raised, too, since acitvation of vit D consumes Magnesium in significant quantity.

C. D3. K2. Mg. Zn. Omega 3. Full spectrum vit B. Thats a profound basis especially for boosting the immune system in the infectious time of the year!

I would recommend to also add to that basics list: iodine, and then selenium is mandatory, else the iodine can run you into serious troubles. Selenium is no option if supplementing iodine - it is a must, since selenium deficiency is the rule. Selenium is very interestign in other regards as well, it has long been overlooked, we just started to understand how important it really is. Regarding iodine, selenium is needed to make gluthateionperoxidase GPO, which counters the forming of hydrogenperoxide inside cells as consequence from iodide (the salt of iodine) entering cells and getting reduced to iodine again. Iodine levels take time, 6-12 months, some up to 2 years, to be brought back into shape. Its not wrong to have levels checked via 24 hours urine excretion test according to Dr Abrams and Brownstein, thats the only form of testing for iodine levels that makes sense, a blood sample or a single urine sample make little sense and tell surprisingly little about whether you have sufficient iodine or not: it tells you only whether you consummed iodine in the last couple of hours, but nothing on the quality of the dose and your general status. Thyroid hormones checked via blood work allow a meaningful picture only if all 6 values instead of just the usual 2 or 3 values around T3, T4 get scanned and considered, many doctors do this simply wrong, ignore such bdoctors. The other 4 values are not to be ignored!!! Regarding doses, different people may need different doses in the range of 12-80 mgr of iodine, according to Dr. Brownstein. He says most of his patients that after a therapeutical "flooding" phase take maintenance doses ranging mostly between 12 and 50 mgr. I long time took 36, then 24, now 12. That equals 2 drops of Lugol 5%.

In Japan, they consume, depending on the region they live in, between 4 gr and 13 gr of iodine per day: fatty sea fish, sea weed and all that. The 13 gr value sometimes is debated and critizised, but Brownstein and Abrams both insist(ed) on that they repeatedly counterchecked with the Japanese health officials on that statistical value and repeatedly got confirmation from the Japanese authorities that the value is correct. Now, compare that to the WHO recommendation of miserable 150-220 mcgr. ! Many deseases and cancer forms associated with iodine deficiency and that are pandemic in the West - are rare and almost exotic in Japan. When Japanese move to the West, namely the US, and they get exposed to US diet, the prevalence of such deseases amongst them starts to steeply climb within just a few years. Two reasons for that: the adding of plant seed oil (high Omega 6, amongst other issues) to the diet - and the deficiency in iodine.

Selenium turns toxic from certain doses on, literature usually mentions 400mcgr as safe maximum daily dose. Preparations usually have 200 mcgr per pill, and with 200 or 300 mcgr per day you are most likely safe. I say "most likely" because I base on the assumption you have no pre-existing health conditions. "He who wants to know for sure, must measure", is good advice, however. You do everything at your own risk. Even following the doc's advice is at your own risk, in case he is wrong. So, do not just believe me - find information and educate yourself!

Iodine is one of the more complex topics amongst nutrients. Before embarking on iodine I would strongly recommend to get some education on it (that most doctors will not provide you with and even warn against). Else you end up causing a thyreoiditis or especially Hashimoto syndrome that to prevent was your intention when starting to take iodine. I dont want to scare people off from iodine, I even recommend to consider iodine, but I also say: if doing it, then take care you do it right. Health practitioners who are open-minded for supplementation and especially iodine, are rare, at least in my part of the world, if you found such a person, consider him a precious ressource and dont let him go again. I have fired two of my former doctors in four years, plus two more doctors of my parents!

Heck, many doctors and/or their assistants do not even take the needed time to correctly measure blood pressure... I bet many people get set on blood pressure drugs without sufficient reason.

Oh, there is a reason, for a moment I forgot. Profit interests.

A tip: Ubiquinol, that is the so-called reduced form of Coencyme Q10, and is not to be mistaken with the much cheaper Ubiquinon (the unreduced form of Q10, which is much harder to get metabolized). Its expensive, but helps, amongst others in boosting ATP production in the cells' mitochondria. And that makes itsel felt, I tellm you! In the first days you can feel a mild euohoria form it, like havign had a mild drinkm, not being drunk, but s very little bit tipsy. It feels good! Unforunately the body adapts and then filters this sesnation out, sort of. - Mitochondrial medicine imo is one of the coming big things in medicine, and rightly so.

Make sure your vit B complex is indeed a complete one, and then consider to take it twice a day. Dont worry the dosage, if it is prescription-free then the doses are such that you find it hard to overdose them ever.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-22-23 at 07:33 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote