View Single Post
Old 12-21-23, 12:06 PM   #239
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I must say that in this game the gameflow and playing experience is even better in 2v2 instead of just 1v1. I am about the gameplay itself, not the social aspect, which however also adds to the overall impression of spending quality time when playing this. The lobbies are never crowded and full, but there seem to be almost always some people around. It depends to how youre choosen time of the day compares to the the international time zones and their activity cycles. I so far had only positive experiences, and that means something, usually I avoid online playing and am not interested in doing so at all. But in RC, I am VERY interested in playing with three humans a 2v2. Yesterday I had an opponent who excelled in real world badminton, and he fired the balls like photon torpedoes, whipped them over the "net", I cant do that. But I now really got damn good in playing slow spin balls, and simply reacting, saving balls that are "unsavable" - the ball exchanges therefore could not have been any more different and crazy at times!

The avatars are misleading, they just stand still, and distort a lot, therefore, but in fact you move around a very lot, jumping into a new position all the time, dive to the deck to save that impossible ball. The video in this regard is misleading. Some critics said, by watching videos, its a "standing simuator". No, its not. And after half an hour or so I do a break, washing the sweat off my face and cool down a bit again.

Just as a reminder, this is Quest 2, 3, Pro, Pico 4 and - PC. It seesm to be most popular amongst Quest 3 players, however, due to the mixed reality aspect that really works very well (in this game, and many others).

Last edited by Skybird; 12-21-23 at 12:15 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote