Old 12-19-23, 10:39 PM   #2821
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricko View Post
May I make a suggestion?

This may be a tad bit inhistorical, but from what I remember, some certain Airplanes had started to be deployed with Depth Charges (not excluding blimps-which I could only see as a hell to add to the game) around 1917. Maybe it would be cool if certain variants of the Sopwith Camel were to be equipped with some basic depth charges (of course, very weak and would most likely only be intended to instantly detonate after hitting the water)

bricko
There will be Sopwith Camels and RE8's with light bombs. Most aircraft bombs will be too light to do damage unless they get a direct or near direct hit.

Strafing, however, will be much more dangerous; I have already modified the game so sailors get killed and injured MUCH more often. This is more accurate than standard SH4. Even a MG round that misses a crewman in real life can cause fatal casualties from chipped metal. Or kill from bullet fragmenting against submarine equipment. Tests of WW2 submarines proved machine guns could kill or wound men belowdecks, and WW1 subs would have been even more vulnerable.

There will also be Short 184 seaplanes, which were potentially dangerous to U-Boats because they carried torpedoes. During WWI they never torpedoed any U-Boats, but the possibility did exist.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote