View Single Post
Old 12-04-23, 01:10 PM   #2794
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
To be honest I could give a rats about the interior, would it be possible to get it out sooner with out the detailed interiors so we can start sinking those damn limeys? And regarding airlines, just give frontier a try and you'll want to slit your wrist before you get there 24 hours late with 3 delays.......
Hey there! After some consideration I'll definitely try to get a demo out sooner; I will attempt late winter - in the interest of saving time I agree, the full interiors will not be in the demo version.

Weekly Update:

This was not a full week of work due to me vacationing with no PC access, but upon return more progress was made on the PO's quarters! Cabinets and bunks are nearly finished, now I need a little piping and I need to model lamps, foldable tables, PA system speakers, and Naval telephones.....found a very nice source for modeling the phones on an Axis militaria page.

Still watching "Das Boot" and looking at images of surviving Uboats quarters - like U-505 and U-995; WWI crew quarter pics are very rare but the bedding arrangements for WWI and WWII boats were quite similar.

Good news in re: animal modeling, I found free sources for cows, horses, and sheep! It may seem like a small thing but this is a big help to me; it means no time wasted making livestock and about $60 - $120 saved, since I will no longer need to buy animal packs. All I will have to do is make different fur/skin colors, very easy.

Also spent time researching when aces reached certain milestones; you will receive intelligence messages when Von Arnauld, Hans Rose, Hersing, and others get to the 50,000 GRT mark and the 100,000 GRT mark. At which point they get recommended for medals, IIRC about 50,000 was needed for Hanseatic Cross, 75,000 for Hohenzollern Order, and 100,000 for Blue Max/Pour le Merite!

Also spent time rearranging the S Boat interior for use as the interior base, this has gone very well.... I now successfully placed the dive plane operators so that they are on the correct side (Starboard) and removed the radar station. Interior stations will be very crowded! With all the processing power of modern PC's there's no reason not to have an interior with 20-30 men visible; I have gotten no slowdowns on my old computer while conducting tests.

Take care all, I will try to have pics of additional interior parts and other stuff posted this evening or in 1-2 days along with facebook updates!

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 12-04-23 at 04:17 PM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote