View Single Post
Old 11-25-23, 02:02 PM   #1891
bweiss
Loader

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
The shift+N x128 feature is from Hsie option selector (Stiebler part, from memory)

Ah thanks Fifi, you da man. Well I'll have to wait till I feel like messing with Stieble's selector at some point. It's a nice idea, but gets in the way when saving a patrol, well if one uses a capital "N" in the save ID.

I still think it did it when I hit lower case "n". Haven't tried it since that one time.

Oh, and I found out (no one told me...), that Danish merchants are neutral. Yes I know they were a protectorate of Germany in real life. 5th SS Pzr, "Wiking" Division among others were recruited there. But, the conn flag chart shows Denmark as an enemy (Allied), during the war.

So I ran across one in AO78 on my test run of U-570 (A boat history which is a strange war story if ever there was one). The rain was heavy with thick sea mist that kept the Tramp almost invisible until I nearly ran over her, spotted it at 1000 meters. She was an armed Tramp, crew at her guns, I figured her for a blockade runner. Don't think she ever saw me on the surface. Her crew never fired a shot. (First clue I missed). So I put two fish into her and split her in two. I kept checking the flaggen chart, and it kept telling me it was an enemy ship, even though I knew it really wasn't. What a show! Watching this thing getting hit with the first fish was beautiful, then the after explosions, fires, all manner of stuff blowing up in the air. Nice.

All proud of meself I radio Doenitz thinking I'd get a big cigar when back in port, instead I get a radio response telling me to stop sinking neutral ships.

So is this like Norwegian ships? Where they are neutral when sailing on their own, but considered an enemy ship when in an Allied convoy? I guess so from that experience.

War is so confusing.

Last edited by bweiss; 11-25-23 at 02:26 PM.
bweiss is offline   Reply With Quote