Old 11-24-23, 03:08 PM   #1887
bweiss
Loader

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
It looks very nice.

Question: with the hardcore vanilla GUI, I donīt have the "help" of the WO. Is there some way to activate /restore it? I like to play with manual targeting, but attacking great convoys I like to call my WO and request some little help...

Mnay thanks for the work!

Fitzcarraldo

Oh, oh, I get to help somebody. If you select manual targeting in the difficulty settings, and uncheck the "No WO Assistance", or something on that order, then you get the speed, range, and AOB, course all input automatically, but he won't give you the specifics on screen. It's input to the TC by the WO, and the WO also won't give target type or range on screen. Otherwise you get a pretty accurate shot. It also changes some things if you're using the single contact ability. I use it, but limit it to 10 km range, and these settings will block out the type/name of the ship, and just show the NE/NW/SE/etc., direction and the little black box. No ID.

There is also a modifier out there somewhere to dummy down the WO's estimates on range, course, speed and AOB when you set things to use Manual targeting, but allow the WO to assist, so as to not make it too easy but still allow the WO to assist. There were different percentages of accuracy for which one could modify files to their liking but I forget the name of the mod, (dunno if Fifi used it in this). I don't use manual targeting.

Now, I need help from someone. Anyone know how to disable the current SC5 "N" key? It's from the mod that gives the Max/Min 128 speed which has become popular, but I don't use it and it creates issues for me when like I try to save a patrol file and use the name ANxx, or anything with an "n" in it. Soon as I hit the N key even when saving the game, it pops up a message that I've entered the 128 zone, and if I return to the game without saving, or when I reload it, I'm doing 128 Mph. Cops don't like that.

Caused me to hit bottom in shallow water other day.

Someone please tell me how to disable the N key 128 Max/Min setting/

Thanks,

Last edited by bweiss; 11-25-23 at 10:09 AM.
bweiss is offline   Reply With Quote