View Single Post
Old 11-18-23, 09:30 AM   #5747
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinmar View Post
I followed the installation directions as written but have run into a problem. The game starts up, I can chose the Cpt's name and get to the screen where you then load out the boat and crew prior to heading out on the mission.

When I click proceed to head into the mission the game freezes in the black screen. I set up this mod to be activated with JSGME and it's currently the only mod in the folder.

When I deactivate the mod and fire up SH4 the game runs fine, goes into the missions, can sail around and sink ships (even shot down an aircraft once). So I'm honestly at a loss.

I have the program running as admin, in compatibility with Windows 7 as well. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but I've got no idea what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
... Also, you have the large address thing applied as well, correct? Or at least the SH4 program that increases the memory usage from 2 to 4 MB (LAA I think?). Also, a good amount of RAM as well I would guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
... The Save folder MUST be deleted. That defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", but if you use MultiSH4, it would be whatever you named it there.

Be sure that LAA has been enabled properly. Run LAA a 2nd time, and add the SH4.exe file in again. If it does not say "True", then be sure and check the attributes of the SH4.exe file, to ensure that the "Read-only" tick box is empty, and then try to apply LAA to it again...
Ditto to the two replies above. especially in light of if the stock game running fine after removing the mod - and just to re-iterate and emphasize what Larrywb57 said as far as the Save folder goes: You could use MultiSH4 and create a new 3-character Save folder name for FotRSU, but if you don't do that, you need to empty the folder prior to playing the FotRSU modded game. Similarly if you de-activate the mod and go back to Stock, or some other mod - you will have to empty the Save folder again. The v1.8 patch is generally not needed, but does fix several oversights from when building v1.8 of the mod.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote