View Single Post
Old 11-16-23, 09:55 AM   #1867
bweiss
Loader

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

On a different subject here, let me ask someone in the know as to the purpose of selecting the "Use Fatigue Model" in SH3 Cmdr, and then leaving a specific fatigue model deselected? That is both Fifi's recommended default setting, as well as the old NYGM 2.5/3.6f recommendation. But what does that actually result in?

The old NYGM was confusing to me in its explanation of what they were attempting to do. NYGM had the Not_Your_Grand_Mothers_Crew_Management_Mod_1.1, which I actually liked a lot, but it came with a host of associated files that needed to be hacked into compatibility with other mods. And then it also had crew compartment limits that showed a blued out crewman and a circle red x, if that crewman was in an unused compartment position for which SH3 would then not put a crewman in those compartment slots on its own. The player could, but SH3 would just ignore those compartment slots.

I wouldn't even attempt to tinker with those files with this new mod. But it seemed to me that the NYGM readme was alluding to a modified form of their fatigue model embedded in NYGM 2.5 or 3.6f, couldn't figure that out either, but perhaps I just misunderstood all that. Never the less it seemed to result in some type of fatigue model in the old NYGM. Selecting that is; the "Use Fatigue Model", and then not selecting an actual fatigue model.

So then the question is; why select "Use Fatigue Model" in SH3 Cmdr, if no specific fatigue model is going to be selected? What does that do in and of itself? Why not just deselect "Use Fatigue Model" in SH3 Cmdr in the first place?

Hope that's not too confusing, I'm trying to understand but clearly don't know as much about this as I once thought.

Last edited by bweiss; 11-16-23 at 11:42 AM.
bweiss is offline   Reply With Quote