View Single Post
Old 11-09-23, 08:36 PM   #2781
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Beautiful videos! You guys are going way indepth! Question about the diesels, I took diesel mechanics in tech school a long long time ago, I can't figure out what the middle rocker arm is for?
Not sure; my old man is a trucker so maybe he knows - I think the stages of diesel propulsion are intake, compression, combustion, and exhaust, so it may have to do with one of those things.... Again, not 100% sure; I might ask dad!!

I am, again, pleasantly surprised at how interior modeling has been - I was afraid that it would be a huge time sink but things have been going great - considering I am just one week into the process.

To save time all medium sized U-Boats will use the UB-III style interior, since we have so many excellent photographs of it.... for minor details that aren't known, I will use Type VII and Type IX parts. But over all I am also happy with how much source material I have. In addition to WWI photographs, pictures from the "Das Boot" set and U-505 have been a great guide.

I plan to have more posts with screenshots very soon - also, elcid has kindly volunteered to transfer the radio messages I spent months developing!! More news coming soon.

A mix of WWI and WWII interior images below:

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote