View Single Post
Old 10-24-23, 08:48 AM   #199
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

This news is no longer really new, but I missed it. Knowing the game since years and playing it with enthusiasm, I know it quite well and have no objections on this decision. The sports level seen here I would rate as a low intensity cardio workout that needs good awareness, decent reflexes and some solid eye-hand coordination, not having exaggerated demands. And it it AWESOME fun. Thats why I have already mentioned it repeatedly. It was one fo the very first titles I bought without hesitation a second time for the Quest 3 (after Steam some years ago).

German VR website "Mixed.de" writes: In the cybersports game Racket: NX, players use a virtual racket to fire a futuristic squash ball at the walls of a 360-degree arena. The game is now recognized as an official sport - and even wants to become an Olympic sport.

The environment in Racket:Nx may be virtual, but the sweat is quite real: The VR squash is quite strenuous, just like real squash - and a bit more: Because instead of just chasing the ball against a flat wall in front of you, you have to keep it in play in a circular arena and aim quite accurately at the same time, as different plates on the wall trigger different actions or bring points. Racket:Nx supports single and multiplayer modes.

Now development studio One Hamsa announces that the International Racquetball Federation (IRF) has recognized Racket:Nx as an official sports discipline. This recognition is valid from April 1, 2022.

Mind you, when he mentions a few quirks: he is tlakign about the version for Quest 1. On my Q3 I saw no issues at all.