View Single Post
Old 10-15-23, 08:06 AM   #1083
Dobri
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS install issue

Hi everyone

Up until just recently I've been playing a lot of UBOAT and decided to try out the Silent hunter series as it appears more realistic and in depth. However after i tried to install TWoS i couldnt do it properly. The same problem has already happend twice even after following the install instructions to the letter. While the Generic File Patcher is doing its thing i saw an error that it couldn't open a certain file, after that however there were no issues. Now i can only see 8 instead of the 9 patches that are supposed to be visible. I've attached a screenshot of the Generic File Patcher after its finished but before i clicked restore snapshot. Can someone tell me what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

1. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay/UConnect download, Steam, other) TWoS version?
I have the Ubisoft Connect version.

2. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems
Yes im pretty sure i have the latest version of the game.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I have no other mods installed and after the first time my issue appeard i did reinstall the game and mod however the issue happend again the same way it did the first time

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe)
I've provided a screenshot as mentioned but i couldnt restore the snapshot as a patch was missing.

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
Screenshots provided.

6. JSGME screenshot!

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
Detail provided

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.
I Couldn't even launch the game because of said issue

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_2023-10-15_150310819.jpg (8.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg image_2023-10-15_151605966.jpg (9.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg image_2023-10-15_151646417.jpg (11.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Dobri; 10-15-23 at 08:17 AM.
Dobri is offline   Reply With Quote