View Single Post
Old 10-12-23, 04:01 AM   #5
JonB
Bosun

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
U-Boat Missions Add-On used to be sold by Ubisoft, but they no longer do. The Steam version is only for a Steam "base" game of Wolves of the Pacific, which is a v1.3 install. If you try a Ubisoft v1.4 on a Steam v1.3, you will get an error message that the game has already been updated. So you have to keep the Steam versions together, and the Ubisoft versions together, other than they no longer sell the Add-On, and only have "Wolves of the Pacific - Gold Edition", which is less expensive anyway, than what the Add-On used to be... lol

Silent Hunter 4 - DLC - PC (Digital) on the Ubisoft US Store

Hey people.

Long time since being here.

Thinking of starting the game up once again. Checked Steam if I should buy the game there instead of trying to install from my old DVD but after reading some reviews I hesitate. They mention crashes etc after a certain point in the campaign etc etc.
My feeling is the game is simply too old (and unsupported) for modern day windows but I could be wrong of course.

- Regarding the qoute above, is it better to go with original DVD and Ubisoft update or buy the Steam versions?
- Or am I just in for problems either way?

Thanks!

//JB
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote