View Single Post
Old 10-11-23, 02:29 PM   #184
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Tomorrow I should get - with 2 days delay - my Quest 3.

Rumours are solidifying that Vavle is working on a headset like the Quest, too. I assume it will be much more expensive.

Meanwhile I found this.

I am especially curious for the Passthrough technology. It cannot be activated for just any title, but it must get hardcoded into every title. Two exmaples.

The first is form the Quest 3, so the room is shown in colour, and crispies and sharper than in the Quest 3. The guy first measures his room in, and then you see in sort of a demo what can be done with that data. Not that I play such games, but its interesting to see the possibilities.

The seocnd is from the Quest 2, so the room is in black.-white, and blurrier. This is a Beta fucntion of The Thrill of the Fight, the best boxing sim I have ever seen and tried (its a workout ). The fat green guy is not representative for the game, he is the lowest ranking of all AI bots. Thrill of the Fight 2 is in development, btw. Mind you again: the film is for Quest 2, not 3.

Obviously that was not in black white, I found a better demo video, its from the quest pro, passhtrough in colour. Its said the passthrough in quest 3 is even better.

I also plan to find out about cable-free airlink connection to my PC, and then going into the cinema like I do on PC, just stremaing it to the Quest while now being able to move freely in my flat, and sit where I want, not at the desk. Airlink, that is linking to PC without cable and so being able to run software that natively is not avialable for the Quest 3 (Google Earth, complex simulations etc)., already was demonstrated to even work with complex stuff like Flight Simulator 2020! Wowh. Just need to get it going. Airlink, I mean.