View Single Post
Old 10-02-23, 04:05 PM   #5711
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panerkraft View Post
I've tried installing everything from scratch twice now and both times the game wont finish loading because it says its missing file "black80.tga" in the path data/menu/data/black80.tga and I can't find any reference to my issue.
Definitely still do what KaleunMarco suggests, since that will help further, or confirm a good install, ~BUT~ the issue with the black80.tga missing is that you are not using SH4 v1.5 (with U-Boat Missions, aka: Gold Edition), which is a requirement to run the FotRSU mod. If you have the Steam version of the game, you might be using an incorrect "Start" for the game. They have "Wolves of the Pacific" (v1.3) and "U-Boat Missions Add-On" (v1.5). You want to use the latter. If you only purchased the Steam "Wolves of the Pacific", you will have to purchase the Add-On through Steam, since they have a specific licensing agreement with Ubisoft. If you have a disk version of the game, and have updated it to v1.4, you would also need the Ubisoft "U-Boat Missions Add-On", which is no longer available through Ubisoft (and the Steam version will not function with the Steam version either). The game is still available for download through Ubisoft US at Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition for $10US.

Post back with the info for KaleunMarco and the rest of us to see your install. Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote