View Single Post
Old 08-31-23, 02:43 PM   #5653
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Oh my, Jeff... more like "who needs no shtinking ID numbers? We dun need no shtinking ID numbers!!! They eat memory!"... sigh - Part of the sim was linked, part was not. Part of the zon was linked, part was not. Part of the dsd was linked, part was not... sigh. It looks like someone fell asleep on their keyboard again... - The give away was when one crashed a ship and it did not do any damage...

In the meantime KM, I have tried four different ways to do the Survivors in the game... "no change Bob"...

Here is my "guess" as to what happens in my current test mission:

The game "reports" all of the contacts as expected, and where they were "planted" in the ME. So that's what those first marks are from - when they first report. Notice that all of the "Rafts" (designated with "R" to their right) are very close to where they spawn by the time I drive 60nm to go get them. However, the "Survivors" do not. The wind is still set to 000 at 5k in this test, but notice that they "drift" SSW? I am thinking that the first survivor drifts all of the way down, since it spawns while I am the furthest out, and could not find it (or the other survivors) anywhere near their reported positions. I would get "updates" of where they were every 30 seconds, and they appear to be capable of doing roughly 10-12 knots iin spite of being set to zero and docked. In comprehensible... The scenario starts at 0630, and I sighted the last survivor by 0930, and had them onboard by 0945, so a bit over 3 hours, so this time, they didn't get to travel as far, but still, roughly 16nm for the furthest south, and almost 10 each for the other 3... I'm going to try the Stock with this mission, and see what happens... I'll have to remove the rafts though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote