View Single Post
Old 07-21-23, 09:47 AM   #785
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

The Tories got off lightly me thinks, they deserved to lose that bi-election in Selby & Ainsty as no one of importance campaigned on behalf of the Tory candidate, in fact the Tory candidate didn't do much campaigning either. A strange affair me thinks, maybe the voters told them a few home truths in the weeks before the vote and the Tories already knew they were going to lose it, I can't think of anything else as to why they would throw the towel in so easily.

The LibDems won the Somerton & Frome seat and the Tories held Uxbridge & South Ruislip, it's looking grim for Sunak at the moment and his 5 pledges are not being delivered either, if he doesn't deliver on them soon there'll be calls for his head to roll.

When the Labour manifesto is in the public domain then Starmer has to get off that fence he loves so much and try and get the country behind it, that'll be easier said than done, voter rejection at not being able to define what a woman is and Labours support of the Union Barons will cost him dear, then there's the money from the Eco backers he's been getting, tricky ground Starmer, tricky ground.