View Single Post
Old 07-19-23, 09:39 PM   #1417
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow142 View Post
Anyone know how to recover the ONI agent for the prewar starting mission? I've looked through the forum for rescuing downed pilots but that method hasnt worked, and looking through the documentation it simply states to just "Simply approach the designated area, spot the raft, pick it up like a downed pilot" which does not work either. Am i supposed to lock onto the life raft? Because it does not let me, only the sampan next to it.
You have to be surfaced, of course, and you have to be on the full Bridge menu. In other words, you need to see the TBT button, as well as (most importantly) the lifesaver ring on the menu buttons. Once you have those, use the binocular to "look at" the raft or survivor. A yellow plus sign ( + ) in the binocular is your center target. When it turns "red", then you can initiate the "rescue" by clicking that lifesaver ring menu icon button. This is definitely frustrating in rough seas. You also have to be in close enough that your crew identifies the raft as "Ship spotted!", and the icon on the NavMap then turns into a liferaft icon, and is rescuable... It is easiest to approach the rescue from a mostly bow-on attitude, with the raft or survivor just to the left of center. your up-down movement of the boat is not as severe as the side-to-side can be when attempting a rescue broadside. You should also be doing either All Stop or at most Ahead One Third.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote