View Single Post
Old 07-13-23, 09:53 PM   #5595
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzartz View Post
ok this is pretty new to me,.. in the vid i assume u already did the speed and AOB first right? Permission to save the vid Sir. Thanks A Lot
BeaniechatGPT response follows... ( ) :
That vid demo is auto-targeting, and no, I did not do any tracking, other than locking-on, starting the PK, and then shooting. I did do one mark on the ship, but since it was so close, it was not necessary to determine a course, especially in light of it being the Submarine School Targeting scenario, so I already knew where the ship would go, which is practically a "Fast 90" attack anyway. That was just a demonstration of the TDC, and that it tracks the target for you, even when you are not looking at it. Now, I could have "Locked" onto the target, started the PK, and kept the scope up, and the TDC would have moved the periscope and updated the bearing. But as you see, they start shooting at your periscope if you leave it up very long, and that includes shooting torpedoes at you (in FotRSU only)... You can "Save" any vid that you see with the "Smug Gupolus" name (which was a misfortunate throw-away name choice years ago). When you want to get into the details of targeting, especially the German side of things, check-out some of Bstanko6's or derstosstrupp's postings, of which I cannot find any right now... derstosstrupp just did a really concise write-up in the SH3 areas... There are similar, older postings for SH4, but again, I cannot find them...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote