Old 07-01-23, 05:48 AM   #2000
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.tichyseinblick.de/meinun...em-land-leben/

Sixteen modest pleas for pleasing attention in Berlin

By Alexander Wendt

The people, as politicians and well-meaning media representatives know, must now be "better taken along". Wherever. Citizens, however, have - surprise - also their ideas. For example, this one.

In 1729, Jonathan Swift published his essay "A Modest Proposal" to solve the famine crisis in Ireland. Germany is not suffering from a hunger crisis, and Swift's language, of course, stands unattainably high. But following his example, I would like to make some modest requests here. Similar ideas are also expressed by a remarkable number of citizens whom the author knows. The following small catalog of 16 points is therefore a kind of collective wish list that had better not go unheeded.

1) I would like to live in a country where I don't have to worry about energy security.

2. i would like to live in a country where the state leaves me at least 60 percent of what i earn across all types of taxes and duties.

3. I would like to live in a country where the vast majority of journalists say, "Our job is government criticism, what else?"

4. I would like to live in a country whose TV channels are so interesting (at least one) that I would voluntarily pay for them.

5. I would like to live in a country whose top politicians can demonstrate at least ten years of experience in a civic profession. And not forced to do so, but out of insight.

6) I would like to live in a country where politicians focus on the core tasks of the state: guaranteeing sufficient education and good infrastructure, public safety, and controlling who crosses the border.

7) I would like to live in a country where politicians internalize that they are the citizens' employees, not their controllers and educators.

8. i would like to live in a country where the government distinguishes between political asylum and flight from war on the one hand and immigration on the other, and consistently bases immigration on the needs of the country.

9. I would like to live in a country where there are no justices of the peace settling tribal wars, if only because there are no tribal wars.

10) I would like to live in a country that attracts internationally sought-after professionals because of its tax and living conditions.

11. i would like to live in a country where investors come even if the state does not offer them 10 billion euros in compensation.

12. i would like to live in a country where a delayed train with broken toilets and air conditioning failure is the absolute exception.

13. i would like to live in a country where underground and suburban train stations do not look and smell like cesspools.

14) I would like to live in a country where Jewish institutions do not need security guards.

I would like to live in a country where I don't have to be ashamed of the English or German of the person who runs the Foreign Office. 16.

16. and I would very much like - if this wish is still allowed - not to have to emigrate for it.