View Single Post
Old 06-23-23, 09:48 PM   #5557
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarider View Post
Sure, that help. If be based on file 41a_Jap_HarborTraffic.mis from Nippon Maru, that i'm looking now, docked ships have "Repeat interval" = 900 hours and "Max group instances created" = 1, and there are "Entry date" and Exit date", then, how i understand, 900 hours is time which enough for one patrol and each time you start new patrol the game create new base with those ships, so they not overlap. Am i right or no? But, what i don't understand, why ships which close to harbors, not those that travel far, have about 24 hr repeat interval and many instances created instead just have then the same interval and 1 instance? If there are no overlapping with docked ships, for example, if you have patrol between dates on two files, then "Exit date" delete group (or ship) and load new one, and no need to delete it other way? I understand that for far routs it useful, but for ships just protecting harbours is it need, if not performance problem?
in your example above, the max group instances =1 will prevent any repeats. so, you could enter any number in the repeat interval (or several other fields) and those values would be ignored because there will only be one occurrence of that RGG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarider View Post
Or just an end point is needed because otherwise the game or save will crash?
no, no crash, the design of the game is such that if a unit has a waypoint it must also have an endpoint.
it is what it is. to file a complaint, dial 1-800-UbiCaresNot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote