View Single Post
Old 06-07-23, 02:06 PM   #11246
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
During the Battle of Kyiv, Ukrainian forces blew the Kazarovychi dam up to stop the advance of Russian forces towards Dymydiv and Dymer this dam is 50 meters long. They tried it twice, first time with 1000 kg of TNT + UR-77 it did nothing, just a crater. Second time, 800 kg of TNT has been placed in the crater made by the 1st explosion + UR-77 again. The second explosion managed to destroy the lock only, not the structure itself. The Kachovka dam was under total control of the Russians, could only be destroyed from the inside (with hell lot more of explosions than the Kazarovychi dam) this dam is build it could withhold a nuclear attack. How did Ukrainian forces destroy it with GMLR, artillery or whatever?
Eh - did I imply they did?

I was just describing that the burden of evidence is against the Russians now, that all seem to agree on this.
Initially there were suggestions that the damage to the dam, visible already several days before, may have caused the collapse. I stayed open to this possibility while the story unfold. But now no more. The evidence seems to be very clear.

I say "seems", intentionally, and often. This is war. Media get manipulated by both sides, intel services are involved from all sides. The news is a war zone. Its important to keep that on mind. See how the story on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions has turned. The scenario that initially was thought to be the most unlikely - is now the main suspect.