View Single Post
Old 05-24-23, 10:48 AM   #11099
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Moscow released photos that show wrecked Humvees somewhere, and they claim these were located at Belgorod.

Moscow claims the attackers were Ukrianians. Ukraine denies it were involved. Some say it were Russian and anti-Putin renegates, or Russians in Ukrainian service.

Why it matters?

Because if this was a unit under Ukrainian command, somebody must have given them those Humvees. And that then is the display of an awful waste, to put it this way, and I think we should reconsider delivering them stuff if they waste it like this.

If the wrecked Humvee photos given by Moscow were indeed taken at Bolgorod. The claim is so far unconfirmed.

I read nothing on what the use of this light ground attack on Belgorod should have been.

Belgorod lies 60-70 km north of Charkiv, the border runs more or less at half the distance between the two cities.

To be clear: in principle, it is perfectly legitimate to take the war to the aggressor's terrain as well. I only wonder when it is done in a way that causes only costs and losses, but no gains whatsoever.
Russia has released footage of captured Humvees from the Bilhorod Raid. The Freedom of Russia Legion claims that there were no losses. These vehicles were most likely previously captured. They were lowered by crane into position, because there are no tire tracks and there is a circular disturbed dirt pattern by one of the wheels, from when it was lowered. The disturbed grass in the background shows a trail that is too large for two Humvees, so the crane approached from the rear. The scene was staged with debris from the building in the background. Building material is littered around the vehicles, but not near the building. The Humvees were dropped into what looks to be an underground shelter that used logs for bracing, not craters. The white cross that was painted on the side of the Humvee seems to have faded due to the elements.

On the driver’s side rear of one of the vehicles there appears to be damage from an explosion. Rust in the non-painted areas suggests the damage is not new. There is also not damage to the dirt area near the vehicle, which would occur from an explosion. It is clear that this vehicle was disabled long before being moved to this location.

If these vehicles crashed into position, you would also expect to see dirt on top of the hood, and damage to the front of the vehicles. All you see is broken glass from what appear to be bullets that impacted after the crash. The debris from a headlight also appears to have landed long after the crash. Again, there does not appear to be any evidence that suggest the vehicles struggles to get out, after being stuck. There is also no blood in the vehicle, which you would expect to see in any accident of this magnitude.

Additionally, on some of the vehicles, the words "For Bakhmut" are written. This occurred recently after Russians claimed to have fully captured Bakhmut. In the midst of staging or embellishing this scene, they appear to be lamenting the Bakhmut experience. When they should be celebrating, they are looking for revenge?

Not very effective propaganda. https://twitter.com/PhotoWander/stat...35659401347074

1) The Russian government released this photo of the alleged Belgorod insurgents vehicles after a battle. I used to be a tow truck operator. This is staged. These vehicles didn’t crash into that trench. I’ll explain why... https://twitter.com/FluteMagician/st...62964261404673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.