View Single Post
Old 05-23-23, 06:52 PM   #11092
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Moscow released photos that show wrecked Humvees somewhere, and they claim these were located at Belgorod.

Moscow claims the attackers were Ukrianians. Ukraine denies it were involved. Some say it were Russian and anti-Putin renegates, or Russians in Ukrainian service.

Why it matters?

Because if this was a unit under Ukrainian command, somebody must have given them those Humvees. And that then is the display of an awful waste, to put it this way, and I think we should reconsider delivering them stuff if they waste it like this.

If the wrecked Humvee photos given by Moscow were indeed taken at Bolgorod. The claim is so far unconfirmed.

I read nothing on what the use of this light ground attack on Belgorod should have been.

Belgorod lies 60-70 km north of Charkiv, the border runs more or less at half the distance between the two cities.

To be clear: in principle, it is perfectly legitimate to take the war to the aggressor's terrain as well. I only wonder when it is done in a way that causes only costs and losses, but no gains whatsoever.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-23-23 at 07:09 PM.