Old 05-02-23, 10:14 AM   #1090
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
I understand your point of view.

In fact, it would be easy to test the idea (turret's texture included in the ship's texture) without having to redo all the textures of every ship carrying the same turret. Indeed, you just have to duplicate the turret in the library files. So, for one turret (base + cradle + barrel), you have to add :
+ 6 ID for the .dat file (node + 3D model for each part of the gun)
+ 1 ID for the .sim file
+ 1 ID for the .zon file

The biggest work is to modify the texture of the ship and to redo the uv-map of the 3D models. And I understand that you and Flushdeck don't want to do this work, only because the "all blue" texture needs blue turrets...

That's why it's important to keep this in mind before doing the texture work.

So, maybe for the next ship ?
ID are also required for men operating the guns, for open shield turrets...

Maybe for the next ship? Well, maybe not honestly. All the work we're doing, in my opinion, is in order to "homogenise" various Kriegsmarine (an other nation's) warships, and assure a standard quality level for all of them. Introduce new features on a group of ships only will create different standards in the same fleet. So, if this turret's features will be implemented, will interest ALL the Regia Marina and Kriegsmarine ships. And will not be this year (or next one, i guess).
Kriegsmarine's ship includes a main new features,in comparison to Regia Marina units, moving radar and rangefinders. This is a thing i'm interested to fix too, and will require some time too (not too much, is just a library question), maybe when Kriegsmarine and Royal Navy fleets will be completed.

This question is far more complex, and i'm easily bored from copy-paste info, controllers, 3dmodel etc... This is just my opinion, btw.
Again, if someone will be interested in implement this feature, certainly his work will be included, gladly, and with credits!!

Would anyone volunteer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerzhunters View Post
Yea Pre dread ship Old but Dangerous for Mechant/Destroyers
Dangerous for cruisers too, i guess, with 28cm guns... or for polish radio stations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerzhunters View Post
Well im Still studying To make new Ship HNLMS De Ruyter And just finish doing some stuff Uv mapping I take the Model From Wows But I still doesnt know how to Add it into the game

For some reason it will Have differences after im finish it
Oh, HNLMS De Ruyter, i really love this ship, she always remembererd me a kind of "small" Graf Spee version!
Years ago i found an old model and i've reworked it a little, it still working in my installation:

She really deserve a better rework, but the base is really good. I must search for info about the author(s).

Btw, what differences you have??
I'm not really intro import Wow models (i still prefere sh5 style, less high poly, 3d models, with medium-hight level of details intead of super higt :P question of taste... and memory too), but maybe i can help... Let us know!!

EDIT: It's the Ambient Occlusion problem you show in the other threads? https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=255362

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508

Last edited by VonDos; 05-02-23 at 10:31 AM.
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote