View Single Post
Old 05-01-23, 07:53 AM   #5419
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Last night, I parked myself near northwest of Midway and ambushed a retreating column from the battle of midway. At first I thought it was the remnants of famous Kido Butai, but I saw 1x Yamato, 2x Nagato and 1x Zuiho. Then I realized that I stumbled upon the Main Body rather than Kido Butai.

But historically, the Main Body should be positioned to the southwest of Midway rather than northwest, right? Also, Yamato took 8x MK10 torpedoes on her portside, (4x direct under keel explosions and another 4 near the rear engine space with 1 shot right above the propellers), she didn't even slow down.

Another question is I was trying to catch and participate in all major naval battles of the pacific war. I was able to do many of them such as Battle of Java Sea or Midway. But I have never been able to catch any Japanese for the battle of Coral Sea. I tried and searched around multiple times, but couldn't find any trace of either Port Moseby Invasion flotilla or Admiral Takagi's carrier force. I am pretty sure I was using the correct coordinates and there were multiple radio messages in-game talking about potential positions of those enemy forces, but all I found was empty sea. Do Japanese forces exist for Coral Sea in-game? Just wonder.

I also had an un-requested base transfer. I was on my 3rd mission driving a S boat as a part of the Asiatic Fleet out of Fremantle. But when I was leaving the port, I noticed my home base changed to Brisbane. I did not request any transfer while in-base. Also there was no radio message announcing base transfer. Is this normal?

Oh, one last question. I saw a pdf file in one of the folders listing out all boat available dates for all bases. But is there any info on renown cost for each class? Or ship upgrades don't cost any renown?
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote