View Single Post
Old 04-12-23, 08:23 AM   #249
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
You can't buy until you prove you know how to use it safely. That won't stop many killers but it will slow down the buy it today and shoot up the office tomorrow nuts.

Hell, I don't know August, but something needs to give because it doesn't work now.
I agree, been a lot of those type lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The only thing that is going to stop mass murderers in the short term is hardening the targets. It's madness to declare a gun free zone that obviously attracts these killers without protecting the now defenseless people within it. Wolves are not stopped by stern signs ordering them to stay out of the pasture. You need physical barriers and guard dogs and it ain't racist to say it.

In the long term we need to stop glorifying these crimes. Both in the way we report on them and the way we promote bloody vengeance as a solution to life's injustices. Like 99% of action movies have that exact plot, a reflection of the concepts popularity. There are parts of our society so twisted that they even see these monsters as heroes to be admired and maybe emulated. We grew these people. Our culture is creating these monsters. We need to find a way to stop doing that.
Yes, August. Definitely need to stop the publicity. Most people are curious and like to read about these events, myself included, and we collectively need to stifle the attention these events get.