View Single Post
Old 03-24-23, 09:20 AM   #10451
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Recent statements by U.S. Secretary of State Blinken indicate that Washington is backing away from its outwardly tough stance and is willing to accept negotiations on border concessions to Russia. A reconquest of Crimea no longer seems to be seen as a realistic goal in Washington, if it ever was. Blinken did artfully emphasize that the Ukrainians would have the last word, but these are just platitudes and it is well understood who will ultimately call the shots if Ukraine is, for better or worse, dependent on arms supplies from America and can close up store and war if Washington orders a further shortage of such supplies. Metaphorically spoken, Blinken demonstratively showed Selenski the watch on his wrist and tapped it with his finger. "Your time is running out, so better get a move on or comply," that means.

The tide is shifting more and more against Ukraine.

I said already at the beginning of the war that Washington's interest is not necessarily a victory of the Ukraine, but to maximise costs and losses for Russia to weaken it, even if these are at the Ukraine's expense - and that goal has been achieved. Russia's losses are huge, and its economical costs will stigmatize it for a full generation, if not longer.
I get following from reading your post.

USA is turning their interest/focus from Europe to ASIA/China. USA is going to let Europe handle the problems in their backyard by them self, more or less.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online