View Single Post
Old 03-22-23, 09:18 PM   #10439
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead
The US has lots of reserves, but only one mine in the entire nation and we can't process.
We're working on that problem https://www.nationaldefensemagazine....h-supply-chain
Quote:
The Defense Department awarded MP Materials a $35 million contract in February 2022 to build a facility specifically designed to process heavy rare earth elements at the Mountain Pass mine. Sloustcher said the heavy rare earths will be refined in a different building, adding that the project is just getting started.

To fully domesticate the magnet supply chain, MP Materials also began construction on the United States’ first rare earth magnetics factory in April 2022. Located in Fort Worth, Texas, the facility will be able to annually produce around 1,000 tons of neodymium-iron-boron magnets from rare earth elements mined and refined at the Mountain Pass facilities, according to the company.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"