View Single Post
Old 03-04-23, 12:34 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
Does anyone here have the game and mods installed in Program Files? Does it work? I'm playing using TMO and RSRDC with the game installed in Program Files. What I've found is that when the war begins until the the first mission ends in Surabaya, the mods work perfectly. Enemy convoys/merchants are very active. After I end the mission and refit in Surabaya, they disappear. No matter where I'm sent, there's nothing there.

I'm thinking that this is a result of the game being installed in Programs x86. Having a single drive, Steam gives me no option that I see to install it anywhere else. I get a "Steam is already installed on this drive" message, so I have two questions really--1\ Are people running these mods in Program Files? Do they work? 2\ Is there a way to install the game outside of Program Files with a single drive?

Any help would be appreciated. The game and the mods are great I'd like to actually play them.
installing Ubi products into the default Microsoft Program folder will guarantee that it will not work properly.

Berbster has an excellent thread with wisdom on that subject.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=219029

this thread is also good reading. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=233131

i, myself, install by SH games to C:\Ubisoft\SH3 or SH4 or TMO or FOTRSU.
the additional installations of the same game are made possible by using MultiSH and replicating a clean install.
Read the Berbster.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote