View Single Post
Old 02-15-23, 02:46 PM   #1902
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

What is true and what i mentioned before is that only every tenth german citizen would fight for this country.
Would you?
I am at war with what they make of Germany in the present. But then I am also at war with their attempt to reduce German history to just 12 fascist years, ignoring over 900 years that were before. So it seems that there are things, developments and names and traditions, arts and scientific accievements I think would be worth to fight for, else I would not be angry at the present Germans ignoring and rejecting and denying all of that.

No, I would not fight FOR the present germany, and the concepts the EU tries to realise. But maybe for some of the idealism and ideas that once have been there, and meant "German, Germany" in the positive perspective. But that is a dead set of ideas now. Everybody who knows me in this forum since years can hardly imagine after all I have written that I would physically fight for anythign EU, Germany today.

But maybe I would agree on certain needs and would fight AGAINST something, somebody else.

A subtle but important difference.