View Single Post
Old 02-12-23, 06:44 AM   #1894
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Could be, could not be. We do not know for sure, and until convicing evidence is not shown to actually prove the one or the other scenario, I can only base on probabilities and my assessment of how such probabilties would be weighted by the decision makers in Moscow and Washington. Seen that way my view of all things Nordsstream has not changed at all. Washington has strong motives, but these are countered by enormous political fallout if this stunt would ever become known. Poland and Ukraine also had interests, but probably were not able to do it. Moscow then also has had obvious interests at that time (blackmailing), and must not care for its reputation anymore, since that is ruined anyway.

So for the time being I stand with "most likely the Russians". Which does not rule out the Americans (surprising it would not be, I say since Biden's beginning that Europeans underrate him and see him as more harmless than he actually is). Obama, Trump, Biden, they all have one thing in common: "America first". Which for a president of the US is legitimate - its his job and even his duty. But Germans and generally most Europeans do not get this. Powerpolitics is not our thing when it comes to military and violence at the latest.

And yes, i am aware of the Biden quote "if the Russians invade there will be no more Nordstream", and absolutely always saw this as a threat directed at a stubborn Berlin still refusing to see where it went wrong. But a tgreat is no evidence. And so I stick with probability.

One lesson Europe urgently needs to learn. America is leaving Europe. Its focus is China, not Europoe anymore. And if by the tim e America is gone Europoe has not learned to fill that vaccum by its own strength and power and deterrance, than it will be filled by somebody else. Russia. I still wait for signs that Europe is moving in these regards, but all I see is big mouthed words, reality-denying paroles, determination to become ever more infantile and economically weak, and hot air in motion. The uS and China mkvoe to beocme weconomically strionger, Europe moves to become less competitive and calls that "moral". Idiotic.

We shoukld beocme military MUCH stroinger, and push that strength into NATO, not into expensivce paraalel military structures. That way the Amereicans can reduce their own NATO engagement or get "pressed" back a bit. So far they are dkmninating NAOT because of Europe'S weakness. And we should focus not on improving all the panet in all places beyond our reahc,m but on the core area NATO was designed to defend: Europe, the North atlantic. North America. The Pacific is NOT NATO's operation area. Never was. And Europe has no meaningfull ressoruces to operate there anyway, we even cannot keep our own houses in whiuch we live in order.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-12-23 at 06:57 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote