Old 02-11-23, 06:38 AM   #5159
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Oh, I actually think it is going well.

I think the MAGA Republicans need to do some serious thinking outside of believing their own propaganda if they want Congressional Hearings to do anything but make them look like valley girls in a snit. It's the best comedy going right now.

“Mr. Turley turning to you. Have you ever worked for Twitter?” Wasserman Schultz began.

“No,” Turley replied.
Quote:
JONATHAN TURLEY: The congresswoman was asking if I've ever worked at Twitter as a condition for my talking about what the Twitter Files say. It's like saying you have to work at the Pentagon if you want to testify about the implications of the Pentagon Papers. The point of witnesses before committees is often to give legal analysis based on what is known and what could be found in this investigation. The exchange she was referring to was a member who expressly asked me about the Twitter Files and what this suggests about what I've called censorship by surrogate. And then she went into this issue of, 'Well, you've never worked at Twitter. How do you know what goes on at Twitter?,' which is completely absurd. The whole premise of my testimony was that Twitter has now authenticated and confirmed these facts. These facts are coming from Twitter. These are Twitter files. And the facts indicate that they had weekly meetings with the government. They indicate that the government would send long lists of citizens and others to be targeted, censored, to be in some cases, banned. Those are very serious allegations that raise constitutional questions, which is why I was there to discuss it.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/turley...pletely-absurd

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote