View Single Post
Old 02-04-23, 10:12 AM   #152
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

We have been there before.

Is troubles show up, ask. You may need to reduce pixel density in the headset. If need be, I explain to you what to do. It sno big deal. The ver yhigh resoltuion of th eheadste can be reduced a bit so to ease stress on the hardware and keep frames up. Surprisingly, the G2 does some tricks to let even frames of 60, even 45 appear as fluent and smooth. Its fascinating. Usually, 90 was declared a norm . It is not so. I must run many applications in significantly less than 90 frames in the headset - and do not even notice the difference when it runs with just 60 or so. In the Rift I always had 90.

So dont loose hope if it does not all work perfectly out of the box. Lets check things out before giving up too prematurely. Like anything computer, things can be a bitch at times. But nevertheless so far I always got things cured and working again, sometimes with help by others like that helpful note by Dowly some days ago, sometimes with a lot of time, googling done, and many curses. But here I am - with working hardware.