View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 09:33 AM   #10501
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm glad you liked it, August. Herb Alpert is awesome. My grand dad and dad had all of these albums. My dad also really liked the " surf " sounds of the Ventures and Richard Anthony Monsour, better know as Dick Dale. Duane Eddy Carl Perkins. These were times when Herb Alpert and other artists of their generation were just that, real artists who could play real instruments and play them well.

My Grand father and Dad weren't frivolous with money but they both insisted on good Hi-Fi audio equipment back then. Today, I'm the same way. My dad even built his own speaker cabinets and fitted it with the drivers / speakers that he felt gave him the best sound. My siblings and I got the full benefit of that.

I also liked the album cover of Herb Alpert's, Taste of Honey. I remember staring at that cover for long periods of time when I was a young kid. It might explain why I also love whipped cream and, um, never mind....

Another one from Herb Alpert-Rise. Just awesome musicianship and artistry from Herb and the bass, drummer and other musicians.

Herb Alpert With The Jeff Lorber Band - Rise (Live At Montreux 1996)

Nice! I know what you mean about that album cover. Stared at it for a long time myself when I was a young lad too!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.