Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-26-23, 08:20 AM   #412
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

My plans were dashed when I discovered that the .300 requires 6000+ rifle mastery. How I ignored this I don't know. I had a good start to yesterday's session, quickly earned more than enough to buy the rifle, then hopped out to purchase the Yukon DLC, at which point I finally realized I cannot have this rifle. Derp.

Many players had been playing for two years when this DLC was released, and for them the mastery lock would have been no issue. I've been playing for less than two weeks and I sit at half that number.

Well, I have a new reserve to hunt anyway.

That good start was on Revontuli. I was doing the first quest, the 'Blue Trail' mission. Near the end it has the player show his shooting skills by shooting at targets at increasing distances from inside rock circles placed on the ground. I hit the first few first try, but the 300m target eluded me. I took four shots and missed them all. Then I saw that even the hits counted as misses and now my shooting percentage is all fouled up dammit. Those shots should not have counted (like at the rifle range) or at least count the hits right?

I gave it up as a bad job and I'll return when I have the top scope. Best I have now is the 4x8 (Hyperion?). A .300 has a nice flat trajectory (I assume, yes?) and the higher power scope should allow me to finish this one.

Speaking of this mission..... the narrator drives me nuts. I wish I could shut him up. In Way of the Hunter I complained about the story and narrative. How cheesy it is. Call of the Wild said 'hold my beer' because in some ways it is even worse. Not every reserve is terrible, but the dude in Finland is just too much. Musing about philosophy and being naked. I was talking out loud to him, just shut up man!

The dude in Silver Ridge Peaks? Get off your ass man! Tap dancing on my last nerve that one.

Just let me hunt. Why couldn't the missions have just been hunting? Shoot a bear at 200 yards, or spot ten ibex, harvest a gold whitetail, or find five partridge tracks, or that sort of thing.

Did manage to get my first diamond while earning the money to buy the rifle I can't have. A capercallie!

And the hunt club is back up. That earned me some good money last night. I like these sorts of daily and weekly challenges. I hope they stick with it.