View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 06:52 PM   #134
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

More bad surprises.

Positives:

AC Competizione works, though launching it now is not without hickups.
Raceroom works.
ETS2 works.
Virtual Desktop works, but behaves differently and somewhat nervous on launch and leaving.
Vermillion works.
Kayak Mirage works.

SteamVR is far more intrusive now, no matter playing with its options.

Negvatives:

Wreckfest in Virtual Desktop mode on the moviescreen: a total disaster, it runs with less than 1fps per seocnd and is unplayable that way. VERY BIG loss. Totally unplayayable. Now I udnerstand why so many peope, said it does not work for them when I told them they should try this: I did not update Windows, they probably have.

Pinball FX VR 2 freezes after 20-30 second at the table. VERY BIG loss.

Air Car freezes after 20-30 seconds. Well, a demo only. But it worked before WU. EVERYTHING worked before WU.

The latter two fail due to "Unreal Engine is existing due to D3D devic ebeing lost, error 0x887a0007". I tried to update DiX, found it all is on verison 12, a seaparte uodate is not posso9ble, I tried a reinstallation, and it broke of saiyng I have the laets version. I ionstalled a new gaphics driver, 527.02. I tried two registry hacks, which i had to reverse, they did not solve the problem but once the freeeze happend, the freeze stayed forever, never returned to desktop after 10 seconds or so.

And now the big thing that really makes me fume:
Flight Simulator, Microsoft's own thing, freezes after a short time. I'm grounded.

If only, if only. If only I would not had run that dman Windows update due to vague, unfounded "security concerns". It worked all flawless and stable and perfect since one year, and alreadey in the four years before that.

I'm out of advice. It worked, then came Microsoft with its sh!+, and now quite some stuff is broken. Thank you, Microsoft. Lousiness as a motto. I red a lot abpiut others getting hit, and comapnies and corporations, this time the brown stuff hit me.

Heck, Windows Mixed Reality is also Microsoft's own baby!

Needless to say, I have the headset, SteamVR all at the same options like before.