View Single Post
Old 01-17-23, 03:27 PM   #105
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Is your system up to it? The G2 is no stand-alone headset.

Regarding "best headset", the optics in G2 are amongst the highest resolution, which is a plus, but the set's hand controllers are mediocre in tracking precision. If you plan to play games like Eleven Table Tennis, First Person Tennis, Thrill of the Fight (boxing simulator, and even a good one), Racket Fury Table Tennis, you will have no big joy then, the tracking is infeiror and sluggish with these super-fast and subtle hand movements. If you plan to play games where you are seated in cockpits or have non-superfast and precise hand and arm movements, then it is the best bang for the buck. Its really a matter of whether you do stuff like table tennis and comparable things, or not. I loved Table Tennism but I had to stop palying it in VR with the new set. It needs external tracking, its mandatory, practically.

Be aware that you have to chose once for getting the headset alone, or headset plus hand controllers. The handcontrollers cannot be bought separately! I recommend strongly to get the controllers as well.

A ventilator aimed at your face is probably a must, too. 15-20 cm, something in that range of blade diameters. Even small amounts of sweat aorund the eyes will fog the lenses. Cooling the face is mandatory, therefore. That is the case with every VR set.

In my profile, you see my specs. I would not recommend to have something below that to run the G2. But you do not need that lots of RAM i have, that was a misjudgement of mine (related to video editing).