View Single Post
Old 01-14-23, 10:43 PM   #215
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default No convoys

Blackswan:
Greetings for the New Year. I wanted to follow-up on the strange lack of distant convoys that appear on the nav map deep into the war years. I tried to upload to you a photo of my empty map screen, I think sometime in 1940 when there would be a great deal of shipping around the British Isles...but none appear on the nav map. I have no idea if you were able to open it.

As a test I created a newby Kaleun and sent him and his sub on multiple patrols starting all over again. The same thing - A few neutral and friendly ships appear in the near waters of Germany deep into 1940, but nothing around the British Isles. Actually there is always an enemy convoy in the East Channel. But that is all.

It seems to make no difference what changes I make to the Data/Contacts settings - whether near or far. Random, rare attackable targets do appear here and there as the game progresses. I am sure I had some type of God's Eye View adjustment with SH3 and GWX, but cannot find how that was possible. Certainly I agree with you: lots of British Isle ships are designed into the program, but do not seem to appear on the nav map unless they are in a decent reach of the player's sub for possible a attack.

Is a puzzlement.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote