View Single Post
Old 01-10-23, 06:07 PM   #701
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

13 October 1943

Makassar Strait
USS Plunger strikes again! Night surface attack on another Aden-class cargo ship (4875 tons) with troops aboard. 3 hits with detonations, confirmed kill.

Japan
USS Bonefish torpedoed and sank a light cargo ship off Chichi-jima. The ship was carrying artillery.

Sulu Sea
USS Finback connected with 1 of 4 torpedoes targeting the heavy cruiser IJN Maya near the west coast of the Philippines. The ship was not severely damaged.

CENTPAC
Two enemy destroyers were spotted operating near Marcus by the Bunker Hill CVBG; this drew an airstrike by 26 Helldivers, scoring a lethal 3 hits on the Hayanami and one hit on the Shimakaze. I suppose that ruins the surprise that my carrier forces are being reinforced. The surviving destroyer was bombed later in the day by another Helldiver that was performing a scouting mission, so it very well may have been sunk too.

I should mention about two days ago, an amphibious task force left Guadalcanal with most of my offensive units that took that enemy stronghold. They're making their way through the Marshalls to try to break the stalemate on Tinian.

Reinforcements
DD Abner Read arrives at San Francisco
DE Dionne arrives at Eastern USA
SS Darter arrives at San Francisco
LSD Epping Forest arrives at Los Angeles
42nd BG/106th RS arrives at Eastern USA